Contest for the 101st World Esperanto Congress
The local organization team (LKK) is organizing a logo design contest for the 101st World Esperanto Congress in Nitra (Slovakia) in 2016.
- Participation is not limited by age, country or profession. It doesn’t matter whether you are a professional or an amateur. The number of entries for a participant is not limited. Members of the jury are not allowed to participate in the contest.
- The logo proposal must be:
- an original work by the contestant,
- simple and easy to understand for the general public,
- both in colored and black and white versions,
- in the JPG, TIFF, GIF or PNG format, with a minimal size of 600×600 pixels,
- sent in the original version in a usual format (e.g. *.ai (Adobe Illustrator), *.cdr (Corel), *.xcf (GIMP), *.svg (Inkscape), *.pdf, *.psd (Photoshop), etc.).
- The logo proposal should contain:
- an Esperanto symbol,
- a symbol of Nitra or the congress center (the hall of the SPU University), which simbolizes the future and the beginning of a second century of World Congresses,
- the text “101-a UK Nitra 2016”,
- a short description of the meaning (optionally).
- The proposal must be distributed under the Creative Commons conditions “Attribution 4.0 International.” To be accepted, the proposals must be sent to the address of the organizers: Esperanto (LKK), Víťazná 840/67A, 958 04 Partizánske, or at the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org until the 15-th of April 2015. The date when the proposal is received counts.
- The proposals can be sent at the address of the organizers:
- electronically, at the e-mail address email@example.com,
- by mail, as a CD, a DVD or an USB flash drive.
- The results will be published until the 30th of April 2015 in the website of the 101st World Congress (nitra2016.ikso.net).
- Prizes: the five best proposals will receive valuable prizes (books, T-shirts, CDs, DVDs about Esperanto and the city of Nitra).
The first place, i.e. the contestant with the winning logo, will receive free participation in the 101st World Congress in Nitra in 2016 (participation fees and accomodation for the whole event).
- World Congresses of Esperanto: http://www.uea.org/kongresoj, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Congress_of_Esperanto
- City of Nitra: http://www.nitra.sk, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitra, http://www.nitra.eu/, http://www.nisys.sk/www/, http://www.unsk.sk/showdoc.do?docid=4
- Slovak University of Agriculture: http://www.uniag.sk/en/