On Saturday, the 23rd of May, at 5:00 PM, during the Slovak Esperanto Meeting in Modra-Harmónia, the results of the logo design contest for the 101st World Esperanto Congress that will take place in 2016 Nitra were announced. 11 contestants participated in the contest and they submitted a total of 48 proposals.
The jury of the contest comprised:
- Mark Fettes, chairman of UEA,
- Jozef Dvonč, mayor of Nitra,
- Eva Fitzelová, graphic designer and architect,
- Peter Baláž, chairman of the organisation committee.
The winning logo chosen by the jury was the entry of the Russian Esperantist Elena Khusanova, who is currently working in Slovakia as a volunteer and graphic designer in the association Education@Internet in Partizánske, which works among other things on Esperanto-related projects. The main prize is free participation in next year’s Esperanto congress in Nitra. We warmly congratulate the winner and we thank all the contestants.
The jury chose the five best submissions whose authors will receive various prizes (books, T-shirts, CDs, DVDs about Esperanto and Nitra). These are the submissions of the following people: 1. Elena Khusanova, 2. Yusuf Al’Gattan, 3. Jaroslav Uhel, 4. Joseph VanHove, 5. Eva Brezániová.
The winning logo will be used to inform about the congress and will be published in all material about this event.
The contestants and the number of entries each of them submitted:
- Jaroslav Uhel: 19,
- Pavol Kaščák: 1,
- Šarlota Trakovická: 7,
- Stefan Kowal: 1,
- Joseph VanHove: 2,
- Mina Rohaninian: 1,
- Wacław Rekowski: 1,
- Elena Khusanova: 2,
- Joanne Johns: 1,
- Eva Brezániová: 5,
- Yusuf Al’Gattan: 8.
You can see all entries here.
The organisation team
Peter Baláž – chairman
The logo design contest for the 101st World Esperanto Congress that will take place from the 23rd to the 30th of July 2016 ended on the 30th of April. In total, 48 entries have been submitted. We sincerely thank all the contestants!
The contest jury decided that the results of the contest will be announced publicly during TER (Slovak Esperanto Meeting) that will take place from the 22nd to the 24th of May 2015 in Modra-Harmónia and whose main topic will be the World Esperanto Congress. The precise time of the announcement is: Saturday, the 23rd of May, at 5:00 PM.
The organisation team
Peter Baláž – chairman
Contest for the 101st World Esperanto Congress
The local organization team (LKK) is organizing a logo design contest for the 101st World Esperanto Congress in Nitra (Slovakia) in 2016.
- Participation is not limited by age, country or profession. It doesn’t matter whether you are a professional or an amateur. The number of entries for a participant is not limited. Members of the jury are not allowed to participate in the contest.
- The logo proposal must be:
- an original work by the contestant,
- simple and easy to understand for the general public,
- both in colored and black and white versions,
- in the JPG, TIFF, GIF or PNG format, with a minimal size of 600×600 pixels,
- sent in the original version in a usual format (e.g. *.ai (Adobe Illustrator), *.cdr (Corel), *.xcf (GIMP), *.svg (Inkscape), *.pdf, *.psd (Photoshop), etc.).
- The logo proposal should contain:
- an Esperanto symbol,
- a symbol of Nitra or the congress center (the hall of the SPU University), which simbolizes the future and the beginning of a second century of World Congresses,
- the text “101-a UK Nitra 2016”,
- a short description of the meaning (optionally).
- The proposal must be distributed under the Creative Commons conditions “Attribution 4.0 International.” To be accepted, the proposals must be sent to the address of the organizers: Esperanto (LKK), Víťazná 840/67A, 958 04 Partizánske, or at the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org until the 15-th of April 2015. The date when the proposal is received counts.
- The proposals can be sent at the address of the organizers:
- electronically, at the e-mail address email@example.com,
- by mail, as a CD, a DVD or an USB flash drive.
- The results will be published until the 30th of April 2015 in the website of the 101st World Congress (nitra2016.ikso.net).
- Prizes: the five best proposals will receive valuable prizes (books, T-shirts, CDs, DVDs about Esperanto and the city of Nitra).
The first place, i.e. the contestant with the winning logo, will receive free participation in the 101st World Congress in Nitra in 2016 (participation fees and accomodation for the whole event).